Buy it now...
The popular Dashboard Widget comes to iPhone and iPod Touch... and gets a huge makeover.
Countdown Calendar for Dashboard's simplicity and elegance made it one of the Mac's most popular widgets. (A Steve Jobs demo didn't hurt, either.) But there are tons of great feature ideas that I've received over the past few years that are simply too hard to implement in a Dashboard widget. Not to mention: wouldn't it be nice to carry those countdowns around with you?
So here it is: Countdown Calendar for iPhone. Sure, it counts down dates. But it does more. A lot more.
Reviews from users.
— "I've tinkered with other Countdown apps...this is by far the best."
— "You won't be sorry...this app has absolutely no learning curve."
— "A smart interface that absolutely any Apple user would love."
- Counts down, counts up. And in any units you want: days, weekdays, weeks, months, or years. You can even make countdowns repeat annually (perfect for birthdays or anniversaries) or monthly (ideal for recurring meetings or paydays.)
- Multiple countdowns in multiple lists. Keep "important" countdowns in one list, less-important ones in another.
- Email countdowns to friends and family. So your loved ones don't forget about important dates...your birthday, your anniversary, trash day...anything.
- Download countdowns for cultural events. Movie premieres, TV season finales, sporting events...even special countdowns for Apple and Disney fans...you name it, it's there. Countdown Calendar downloads popular countdowns from a central repository, letting you copy your favorites into your own lists. You can even submit your own countdowns back to the repository to share with others.
- Add notes and hyperlinks to countdowns. Just so those people you're mailing countdowns to know what you're talking about.
Localized? Not yet. Hopefully soon.
Countdown Calendar is currently English only, and the Countdown Repository is decidedly U.S.-centric. But hopefully that will change in the future. Keep your eyes peeled for new releases. (And if you might be interested in helping me localize Countdown Calendar to your language, please contact me via the Support link below.)
Buy it now.
Just visit the iTunes App Store to download your very own copy.
Here is a list of known issues in the current version of Countdown Calendar.
Check out the Tips & Tricks page for suggestions on how to best use Countdown Calendar. Beyond that, contact for technical support, suggestions, anything.
Stay in touch via Twitter.
Follow me on Twitter to hear the latest on Countdown Calendar, as well as other cool apps I have coming out in the near future! (Take my word for it...they're cool.)
Other stuff I've done.
Like Countdown Calendar? You might like some of this other stuff I've worked on.
- TILT: The Battle to Save Pinball, a documentary about the last days of the world's largest pinball manufacturer. Available on DVD.
Plus, many more apps to come...